OUR NEXT SUMMIT
JOIN US! May 22nd – 23rd, 2012 | SAN FRANCISCO
New venue! The Julia Morgan ballroom in the heart of San Francisco’s financial district.
Join 200+ of your peers at this by-invitation only gathering to discuss the latest trends and
opportunities in impact investing.
Participate in the preeminent conference of asset owners and other impact investors focused on premium or above market-rate return. Hear the latest developments from leaders creating “what’s next” in impact investing including discussions of current investments and those being created.
Our 2011 event brought together investors representing approximately $4.5 Trillion.
2012 promises to be even bigger!
WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN US?
If you are an Asset Owner (foundation, pension plan, corporation or individual) that directs $25MM or more, request an invitation by clicking here.
If you are a Financial Advisor, Philanthropic Consultant, Asset Manager, or other impact-related professional, we have limited space available for you. If you would like to join us, please click here to request contact from a Take Action! team member.
We have a new suite of sponsorship opportunities. Please click here for more information on becoming an event sponsor.
Are you interested in sponsoring students and the next generation? Click here to send us an email.
We are actively seeking investments (funds and funds of funds) to present to our attending audience. Click here to nominate an impact investment you feel is doing exemplary work. Investment managers or CEOs of companies may self-nominate.
Take Action! Insiders are the first to know of exciting additions to our program. If you have not yet applied to be on that list, click here.
For the most recent agenda, please click here.
TUESDAY MORNING. Working Sessions (Optional): Participants will gather in small groups. Some are specifically geared to Asset Owners only and others are open to all attendees. Topics will likely include:
- Being Effective While Being Small (Size of Assets or Staff)
- Low-Hanging Fruit: 5 Easy Things to Get Started
- Take My Portfolio to the Next Level! Portfolio Peer Review
- Mapping the Ecosystem & Coordinating Due Diligence
- The Art of What’s Possible: Deal Structuring
TUESDAY AFTERNOON & WEDNESDAY. The Summit begins and will feature plenary sessions only. For the next day and a half, we will present incredible panels and keynotes. We will present our Investment Showcase, featuring exciting and relevant impact investments in an elevator pitch format. We will feature onsite polling to take the pulse of our participants on trends, metrics and long-range outlook. The plenary agenda includes the following presentations and discussions:
- Transforming the Economy
- Views from Institutional Asset Owners
- Value Creation: When Is Impact Investing Simply Good Investing?
- Job Creation: The Key to Poverty Alleviation
- Creating the Equation: Social + Environmental Benefit + Excellent Execution = Financial Outperformance
We close each day with an intimate wine reception where Summit participants can mingle, connect, share ideas and lay the groundwork for future collaborations.
For a historical sense of the caliber of our speakers and topics, click here to view our agenda from 2011 Take Action! San Francisco. Click here to view overviews, agendas, testimonials, and pictures from all our past events.
Building on the success our 2011 event, we are expanding our 2012 format. We are keeping what past participants treasure and what distinguishes our event from all others:
- Great people, 60-70% of whom are asset owners
- Open dialogue (sharing of learning lessons, successes and failures)
- A trusting, invitation only, non-solicitation atmosphere
- A focus on the value drivers on investments
NEW ADDITIONS TO THE 2012 SUMMIT INCLUDE:
- More networking time
- More plenary sessions for a shared experience
- On-site polling
- More focused working sessions for hands on analysis and discussion
- Expanded showcase of impact-related investments (funds, funds of funds and companies)
- A Peer Group of Asset Owners (60-70% of the audience)
- Families, Foundations, Major Pension Plans, Corporations
- Focus on investments, specifically those with premium and market-rate financial returns
- Neutral, Third Party
- Practical, Action Oriented
- Since 2007, over $300M in new commitments made (low estimate)
- 98% plus of surveyed participants fulfilled on their goals for attending (3 years in a row)
- 98% plus of surveyed attendees say they would attend again (3 years in a row)
OUR ATTENDEES TYPICALLY INCLUDE EXECUTIVES FROM THESE ORGANIZATIONS: (partial list)